ABCD of beauty, as tempting as it may sound, this blog isn’t just full of information but also a guide for all those pretty women out there confused about what to buy and what not to buy.
To start with, A does not really stand for anything in ABCD. B, C and D are the alphabets which hold significance :P. I shall try getting the points across in as simple words as possible. These creams are now proving themselves to be successful alternatives to traditional make up. The battle amongst each of them is giving women a tough time to decide which cream to pick because looking good all round the clock is a major deal. For starters take a look at the picture below :-
BB CREAMS: - decoded as Blemish balm or beauty balm.
WHAT CAUGHT MY EYES?
The gorgeous diva, Deepika Padukone looking right into my eyes and stating 5 great benefits of the Garnier BB Cream on her slender fingers. I am sure this commercial would have made most of the women of this country line up the store to get their hands on this amazing product.
I will not dig into the history of this product as all the other popular blogging sites have already done the needful. This cream was the first to hit the market. As the name suggests it lighten then marks on your face adding a glow to it.
This cream can act as a primer. It is lighter than foundation yet heavier than moisturizer. But I say that it is light enough to be applied daily. Any woman of any age can use this product without any worries.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
1. Covers the blemishes.
2. Evens the skin tone.
3. Moisturises the skin and keeps it glowing.
1. Benefits like SPF, anti aging, collagen makes it desirable.
2. Can be used as a primer before putting on the makeup.
3. Smells like a tinted moisturizer.
4. Comes in a very handy tube.
5. It is thick so blends really easily.
6. Can stay upto six to eight hours if it is not very humid.
7. Can be wiped out easily with a help of a wet tissue.
1. If you have an oily skin then there might be chances of break out.
2. You may be dissatisfied by the coverage area it provides.
3. The finish is pretty matte. But it will take some time to notice the subtle glow.
4. The prices of each brand vary.
5. Comes in a tube and not in a pump.
CC cream: stands for complexion care cream .
WHAT CAUGHT MY EYES?
The bright pink packaging of Lakme CC cream in a store. Inside awaits a prettier surprise. That is the slender tube of the CC cream.
CC cream is a new innovation. It is known to provide better coverage and concealment. It is a light formulation that ensures the cream is easily absorbed into your skin and also gives it a perfect, even tone that looks natural and not made up.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
It claims in this department is that this cream gives “all the goodness of your daily skin cream with the right touch of makeup“. So it’s not a real CC cream in the traditional, generally accepted sense of the word. While the product itself was quite good, the name is a little misleading for the average consumer because it is basically an easy to use foundation like product that one can use everyday. It isn’t a substitute for skin care such as moisturisers and toner.
1. The packaging is very attractive, sturdy, convenient and easy to use.
2. The texture of the cream is appealing-it is neither too thick nor too thin.
3. It is smooth and blends easily.
4. Getting perfect matte finish is very easy.
5. It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin which is always a good thing.
6. Has a good value for money.
7. Can be used as anti-ageing cream.
1. Skin gets oily in 3 to 4 hours of application.
2. Shade selection could be an issue.
3. No protection against UVA rays.
4. Matte finish may at times tend to dry up and appear scaly.
DD cream: stands for
WHAT IS IT AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Daily defense or dynamic do-all creams, DD creams are the newest arrival in the alphabet cream brigade. These not only promise the best of BB and CC creams but much more. In addition to sun protection, tinted moisturiser, evening out skin tone, the main benefit of DD cream is its anti-ageing protection. This cream has not yet hit the Indian market. The only available product that I came across online is Julep DD crème.
1.Best suited for women who are looking for anti aging solutions. This cream hides wrinkles, lines etc.
2.The finish is smooth.
3.Provides extra hydration that BB and CC cream.
DISADVANTAGE: Younger women may not be able to use this cream. Due to it’s certain chemical composition.
All these fancy titled beauty products claim themselves as an everyday-wear cream. But I would strongly recommend not using them on a daily basis. This may have chemical agents which may deplete your skin quality. Follow up your daily skin care routine : cleansing , toning and moisturising . I would any day go for a BB cream over a CC cream just for the fact that it suits my skin. But then again it is firstly, very important to know your skin type: dry, combination or Oily. Depending on that buy your product. Do not experiment with your skin. It may cause irrevocable damage.